What is Somatic Breathwork?
Breathing is absolutely essential to life, but it’s often overlooked as a necessity for good health. When was the last time you thought about how and when you breathe? Did you know that how you breathe is connected to how you feel and how you live your life? We were all born knowing how to breathe in a relaxed, open and healthy way. Yet over time, we unconsciously shut down and constrict our breath in response to stresses, life’s big and small challenges, traumatic events, and our fast-paced lives. These restrictions in our breathing limit our ability to live fully in the present moment, where we can heal and free ourselves of the past. Full, diaphramatic breathing is one of the most powerful keys to enhancing physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing and is the foundational element of Somatic Breathwork.
Shallow, restricted breathing is linked to everything from low energy and fatigue to a weakened immune system, cardiovascular disease, and respiratory problems. Shallow breathing also increases stress levels and can trap us in a cycle of perpetual anxiety. And shallow, restricted breathing limits our ability to access the deepest levels of our being, as well as the expansiveness of our highest potential.
Conscious Breathing has been used for thousands of years around the world to cultivate awareness, invigorate and restore energy centers in the body, and improve physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. With Somatic Breathwork, we work with Breath Awareness Practices and Conscious Breathing Techniques to cultivate an embodied and meaningful connection with your breath, supporting you in unwinding tension and restrictions within your unique breathing pattern. As you increase your ability to take in more breath, you naturally open to more joy and abundance in your life, while reclaiming your vital life force energy and aliveness!
What can Somatic Breathwork do for Me?
By rediscovering our open, healthy breath, we empower ourselves with the tools needed for self-healing and transformation. Somatic Breathwork can:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, and unnecessary worry
- Erase negative patterns and habits in your life
- Center yourself and your thinking
- Instantly recharge your energy and make you feel more awake
- Heal from past traumas and pain and make you feel safe in your own body
- Reconnect you with your passions and interests
- Open up new pathways of joy, love, well-being, and inner peace
- Increase your self-confidence, awareness, and intuition
- Expand your spirituality and your connection with the Divine
- Help you take control of your life
Somatic Breathwork can also hep you to:
- Build confidence and self worth, while taking control of your life
- Recharge your energy and sleep better, while reducing stress and anxiety
- Heal from past traumas, hurts, and pains, reclaiming your true nature
- Worry less and feel more grounded, at ease, and safe in your body
How easy is it to incorporate somatic breathwork into my life?
Somatic Breathwork is something anyone can incorporate into their life, no matter what kind of lifestyle you lead, and no matter your experience level. Once you learn how to use the power of your breath, it will seamlessly become a daily part of your life.
To learn more about our breathwork offerings, click here.